Pregnancy & Pre-Labor Care with Acupuncture: Pregnancy is a time when many women are looking for natural remedies and non-invasive, drug-free treatments to not cause any harm or risk to the baby. Acupuncture treatments are the best way to ensure a healthy birth and healthy baby. Acupuncture treatments help ease women through their trimesters and maintain a healthy mom and a healthy pregnancy.
During pregnancy Acupuncture is known to be effective in the treatment of the following:
- morning sickness
- varicose veins
- vulval varicosities
- low back pain/sciatica pain
- exhaustion/lack of libido
- food cravings
Acupuncture is very effective in the treatment of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Hyperemesis is the name given to extreme cases of vomiting during pregnancy whereby the pregnant woman becomes dehydrated. In Western medicine the only option available is to rehydrate the patient in the hospital and administer an emetic. Acupuncture is a preventative medicine and when treated prior to pregnancy it can prevent uncomfortable symptoms that would otherwise signal an imbalance in the body. Acupuncture treats the systems of the body to work at their optimal performance, which in-turn assists the hormones during pregnancy. In my practice I also recommend nutritional support that can also prevent imbalances and symptoms from occurring.
Labor & Delivery with Acupuncture: Many women experience fear and anxiety about how they will give birth when the time comes. Five Element Acupuncture helps you address the issues concerning your labor and delivery outcome. I offer birthing services as part of my practice. Prior to your labor, I will visit you and your partner to answer any questions you may have regarding the labor and delivery process and what you both would like to receive in terms of support that I can offer. It is important that the partner also feels comfortable with the acupuncturist.
When labor commences, I will come to your home to perform acupuncture before labor becomes too intense. This will ease you with your transitions to birth. All needles are extremely fine and are taped down in order to facilitate walking, bending, lying down, kneeling etc..
Acupuncture can assist delivery in the following ways:
- dilation can be encouraged
- pain relief to help you work with the contractions
- calming and relaxed effect to assist you during the different stages of labor
- acupuncture helps to keep your energy and reserves throughout labor
- assist with the delivery of the placenta swiftly and effectively without drugs
- safe and effective way of ensuring a smooth and harmonious birth
Postpartum Care with Acupuncture: After a baby is born, many mothers struggle to have the time for their own healing to take place. Irregular sleep, adjusting to a new baby, and the demands of nursing and caring for a newborn can take a physical and emotional toll on a new mother's health. Acupuncture can support and restore a mother back to vibrant health.
Five Element Acupuncture supports the mom, newborn and home life in the following ways:
- Improves better quality of sleep for both mom and baby
- Balances hormones and supports the Baby Blues and Postpartum depression
- Increases overall energy and immune system
- Improves lactation or insufficient lactation and mastitis
- Relieves stress and anxiety or feeling of overwhelmedness
**If you are having a difficult time getting out of the house for your postpartum appointments, I offer special Postpartum Acupuncture treatments in the comfort of your own home**